Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More Daddy Fun!

Rhett and Bennett had another fun science night last night. They made toothbrush robots! Rhett ordered some cheap cell phone motors online and then attached them to a watch battery which he stuck to the head of a toothbrush. VERY fun! I think it looks like a roach running across my floor =). I want to make a little "outfit" for the robot and make him look like a roach or spider and scare my mom when she comes to town =). She'll probably read this but hopefully she won't remember when she comes in a couple months!








In this second video we flipped the battery/motor pack around so it would balance the toothbrush head a little more. It made it more stable so when the robot bounced into something it changed direction instead of falling over. I know you're jealous!!



Hopefully I'll update more on our family soon!

6 comments:

spina bifida grandma said...

Wow, Rhett! That was great! What great memories Bennett will have growing up with, "Dad,The Science Man" . Too bad I didn't name you Dan-it would have rhymed!-Mom

Brigette said...

Gee, the only thing Weston has done with our kids is reminded them of their right to remain silent. :)
Bennett's a very lucky young man.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Bennett's excitment.
Like Grandma said, you are building wonderful memories.
Dad Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Your one cool dad!!! I wish I knew how to make cool things with my kids. All I have ever made is cookies!!! Way to spend good quality time with your son!!
Heather

Tubbs Family said...

Aren't blogs great to record all these great things! What a great dad! Glad you found us. I added you to our blog roll!

Michelle said...

Hey, I'm homeschooling maybe Rhett could be my kids' science teacher!