Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update

Thanks for all your comments and support for Jordan. We're so lucky to have such great friends and family.

Jordan came home yesterday!! Yeah! We're really not sure exactly what was causing the initial symptoms, like her turning gray/blue. After being in the hospital for a couple days she came up with a really bad cough and they said it was bronchiolitis. But it's strange that she wasn't a bit congested before she got there. I'm sure she was infected before she got there though because I think it take a week or 2 to show symptoms once you've caught the virus. So, because it was a virus, antibiotics don't do anything to help. So they do what's called CPT's which is basically pounding on her back and chest with an inflated oxygen mask (it sounds strange but it works so well and doesn't hurt at all...). I guess the sound waves from the pounding breaks up all the gunk in her lungs so she can cough it up easier. Along with that they suctioned out her nose every couple of hours with the sucker machine attached to their wall. I'm not sure what the name of it is but it works! And probably once a day they used this little mini tube to "deep suction" her, which goes up her nose, down the back of her throat, and down close to her lungs to suction out what she might be having a hard time coughing up. So now that we're at home she's drinking pretty good but it coughing like crazy. But of course she's TONS better than she was.

Jordan is suppose to have her follow up testing done on her back in about 1-3 weeks. They have to schedule a time when they can use anastesea (I can not spell that!) to help her be mellow while they do the scans because she'll scream and flail the whole time if they don't. I'll keep you all posted on when that test will be. I'll also try to post some pics next time too.

8 comments:

Murray Family said...

I'm so glad she's home and doing better. I'm sorry she's gone through so much :(

Becky said...

Brochiolitis is the worst! There is much sticky stuff in there, I can't imagine how yucky Jordan must feel, poor girl!

btw....spell check is now working on blogger AGAIN!! I was dying with out it, since I've had kids or something my spelling and typing skills have gone out the door! --I need them to add a spell check option to the comments section!

Robin D said...

I am the same way Becky! I couldn't spell before kids and its worse now after kids! I wish there was spell check on comments!
Now for Jordan yea she's home! What a relief. I hope her cough gets better and ya'll can get some rest!

{ Bethany } said...

I'm glad you guys are home now! I hope she starts feeling better soon. ***BIG HUGS***

Melody B. said...

WEll, after that LONG hiatis (sp) this was not the post I wanted to see!:( Poor Jordan! GOsh, will she ever get a break form all of this crap? SHEESH! Poor kid! How are you holding up? You handle these things so well. I would be a wreck. Don't you wish you could have one of those suction things in her room! I bet all moms wish they had one of those!:) You'll have to show me the technique to break up that stuff! Let me know if you need dinner or something!

Jill Revell said...

Oh wow...poor little girl! I hope you guys are doing well.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Traci, I am so excited to hear from you. Every year we send out christmas letters, we would try to find you, I guess we are not very good sleuths. I would love to hear from you,