Sunday, April 13, 2008

More on Jordan

We're excited to meet with Jordan's Neurosurgeon this week. We were also excited about being healthy and happy and doing well for now. Did you catch the "were" in there?! Thursday night Jordan fell out of her high chair. I didn't secure her tray on right and of course she loves to lean on that tray! So literally 5 seconds after walking away from her, down she goes. Her forehead hit our Mexican tile flooring with a thunk. The rest of her face hit her tray which she landed, for the most part, right on top of- except her forehead that is. So, with a bloody nose and a quickly growing baseball size (this was no "goose egg!") bump on her head, Rhett and I took her straight to St. Joseph's. It's amazing how well a car runs when it's speeding when it doesn't even work correctly at the speed limit! The took her back almost right away which was a blessing. The CT showed that she fractured her skull. They put her in the PICU overnight. We got to our room around 2, got to sleep around 3, had another CT done at 4, and then some neck xrays done about 5. It was a long night! Both the CT's showed that there was just bleeding between her skull and her skin, and no bleeding in her brain. The xrays showed that her neck looked great. We're so lucky. Thinking back on the fall, she should have a major concussion, broken nose, and all her teeth busted up. We're really blessed. She was released from the hospital the next day around noon. She's had a headache a lot since then (who wouldn't!) but is doing pretty well. Hopefully it'll be a while until we visit them again. =)

9 comments:

Melody B. said...

Well, she was smiling big today! Poor Jordan, will it ever end for the sweet girl? She's got an amazing spirit that can handle a lot because I would have been a BIG whiner and complainer, but there she is today smiling as big as can be!

Murray Family said...

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. I'm so glad everything was ok. It sounds like it could have been much worse than it was. What a blessing.

The Bowlby Bunch said...

Wow... Glad to hear everything is ok. Hope to get together soon.
Kellie

Julia said...

Poor Jordan! Hope all goes well with the neurosurgeon

Marsha said...

I'm so glad everything turned out alright! She looked great yesterday.

Janell said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch! I can imagine the panic you must have felt! Poor girl. Can't catch a break can she? I'm glad she's doing better.

Becky said...

She was so fortunate!! I'm glad she is doing okay and didn't have to stay in the hospital for very long. How scary for you guys though!!

Robin D said...

I can only imagine the panic you had rushing to the hosiptal. I'm glad she' alright and seems to be just as happy as can be. Now take it easy on that girl will ya? :)

Jennifer Smith said...

Poor Jordan, and poor you! That is so scary. By the way, one of my friends works in St Joe's PICU as a nurse. I wonder if you two know each other! Glad to know that Jordan is doing better.