Monday, April 7, 2008

Trying to get on the ball!!

I'm really going to try hard to post more =). I'm such a big blog reader. I love trying to find old friends blogs and I'll search for hours! It definitely doesn't help me sleep! I'm going to set a goal for myself to be in bed by 11pm every night. That'll be hard but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. No more staying up reading blogs until 1am =).

I have lots of pics to post to catch up but I know I'll feel better when I do. I tend to not organize my pictures until I have what I want posted online. So here we go!!


Jordan Update:
We found out last week that Jordan has a fracture in her leg. During one of her physical therapy sessions we were trying to get her fit into a new piece of equipment she recently received called a "stander". It's suppose to let her legs get some weight bearing feeling and hopefully help with her leg muscles. If nothing else, she'd be standing upright with a tray in front of her to play more like a normal child. We could NOT get her into it! With her foot and hip in the right place her knee would turn outward. Strange. So we got her out of it and we were feeling her leg and noticed that there was sort of a dent underneath her knee. We weren't really sure what it was but just knew that the anatomy wasn't quite right. So I got her an appointment with her orthopedic guy at her clinic in Phoenix to get his opinion. He took an xray of her knee and also of her hips. He saw that her right hip is dislocated (pretty common for SB kids) and one of the bones has a fracture in her left leg, right underneath her knee. He said that for a typical kid they'd be in a TON of pain and they'd have to cast the leg. But for Jordan, she doesn't feel anything. And with her not moving her leg, they didn't need to cast it. The xrays showed that the bone was already healing. He also told us that for some reason the tendons in the back of the knee get really thick. They'll end up being 3 times thicker than adult tendons. They're not really sure why this happens. The tendon actually gets so strong that it's stronger than the bone. So with Jordan, we've noticed that her knee and leg has gotten really tight. I'll post some pics of her leg. It's constantly bent at the knee and doesn't ever go completely straight. So, we've been stretching it out like we've been told to do by multiple people/doctors. This is where the fracture comes into play. Her tendons are stronger than the bone. We try to stretch the tendon but instead the bone fractures. Great!!! So basically we just can't stretch it anymore. Here's a picture that show's her knee. I don't remember when I took this though =). Look at her left knee and how it's bent.

Jordan goes to meet with her neurosurgeon again a week from Wednesday, on the 16th I think. He said that he talked to a neuroradiologist and now understands better the anatomy going on in Jordan's back/spine but he still doesn't know what happened or why things are the way they are. So we'll see what he says when we talk to him.






Here's Bennett's "green bike" from Santa. He was so excited Christmas morning!


Jordan got this little "car" from Grandma McBride. She LOVES it! She gets to sit up so big like a big girl. She still plays with it every day =)


Bennett is so creative! I have to help him with the second T at the end since our letters only came with 1. He can do the rest though!

And he's pretty creative with his blocks too! If you're lacking in the creative zone today, it's a truck.

Rhett got a big bird kite from my parents as part of his birthday present back in Feb. It was fun to try it out but we figured out really fast that we don't know how to fly a kite. Plus, it seems whenever it's windy, it's really just in spurts. It's hard to keep a kite up for a long time with spurty wind. That's not a word. Oh well =)



There's my blogging for the day. I've spent a couple hours going through my pictures and after narrowing it down from over 1,000 to about 60 or so, this is what I came up with! I'm saving my pictures from Easter and on until tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow! Bennett has preschool, Jordan has Speech Therapy for 2 hours and Physical therapy for 1 hour, Bennett has a birthday party, and Jordan has a doctors appointment in Phoenix with her gastroenterologist (or however you spell it!). I promise I'll try to make time to post more pics. I'm determined to catch up!

6 comments:

Murray Family said...

Your kids look adorable!! Looks like they had a way fun Christmas! Jordan's curly hair is so cute. I hope her leg is able to heal correctly! Keep us updated.

Marsha said...

Thanks for the update! So fun to see those darling pictures. I hope Jordan's leg heals well.

The McBride Family said...

I don't know how you do anything with how much you have going on!! I love reading blogs too and I am currently up 30 minutes later than what I said I was going to be tonight and I'm not really showing promise of going to bed! HA HA!!! LOve you!

Robin D said...

Yea I'm so excited to see more pics! And anxiously awaiting for more cute Easter pictures! I'm the same way I set a bedtime but if I start looking at blogs that time is thrown out the window. Case in point its 12:43 am right now!

Brett and Meredith said...

So much fun! I love the little bike for Jordan--how cool! And, spurty is a very great word, I like it.

Janell said...

It's so great to see an update! I know how it is too to get caught up reading blogs and finding people you know, and the next thing you know two hours have gone by. I have a similar 11 pm bedtime goal for myself. Lately it's been closer to midnight and I'd really like it to be earlier.
Also, I know exactly how you feel about the kite--we have a cool bird kite too and we can't fly it for the life of us, but we can fly the cheap regular ones. So it's not just you!